Everyone should have a chance to celebrate National Taco Day so we’ve rounded up a few of our favorite spots from across the country.
- San Diego – Oscar’s Mexican Seafood. You can’t have a best taco list without including San Diego. And this beachside shack with a long line serves what might possibly be the best fish tacos in the city.
- Los Angeles – Guerrilla Tacos. It’s basically impossible to name just one taco place in LA, but this innovative food truck, with its gourmet takes on the average street taco, is something every taco lover needs to try. Get the sweet potato taco (topped with almond chile, feta cheese, fried corn, and scallions).
- Austin – Torchy’s. Everyone loves Torchy’s Tacos (just ask Obama). Amazing tacos, a wide selection (including breakfast tacos) and sides like queso keep people coming back for more. Google the secret menu.
- Seattle – Tacos Chukis. No-frills, slightly hidden taco joint in Capital Hill, Tacos Chukis is the place to come in Seattle for your taco fix. Get the house tacos.
- Miami – Bodega. This trendy grunge taco joint doubles as a speakeasy bar. Come during happy hour (6-8pm) for $2 tacos. Or, find the secret door to the back bar and party it up all night long.
- San Francisco – Taqueria Cancún. A tiny, cash-only spot in the Mission, Taqueria Cancún serves up loaded (and very messy) tacos that will leave you 100% satisfied. Side note: they also have one of the best and biggest burritos in the city.
- New York City – Los Tacos No.1. Fighting your way through the Chelsea Market crowds will be worth it once you get to this taco stand. These flavorful, juicy tacos will change your perception of what a New York taco can be.
Need a side of guac? Check our top guacamole places here.