Along with crisp air and brighter leaves, fall brings festive activities for all ages (from Oktoberfests to pumpkin carving). And savvy travelers know that this is also a great time of year for hotel deals. We ran the numbers and found that these 8 cities offer rooms less than $90 per night on average*.
- Orlando, FL – $68. Not ready for summer to end? Bring it back with a family trip to Orlando.
- Niagara Falls – $70. Fall is a perfect time to visit Niagara Falls. Fewer crowds, vibrantly-colored trees, and (of course) breathtaking views.
- Pittsburgh, PA – $74. In Pittsburgh, fall means clear skies, weekend tailgating, and plenty of harvest-themed festivals. Walk up to the Mt. Washington overlook for the best view of the city (and its changing leaves).
- Atlanta, GA – $80. Calling all foodies! Taste of Atlanta returns at the end of October. Watch live demos from the city’s best chefs and taste culinary delights from 90+ local favorites.
- Washington DC – $84. While spring takes all the glory, fall is actually one of the best times to visit the Capitol (instead of cherry blossoms, you’ll find intensely-colored trees).
- Paris, France – $86. While we think Paris is a good idea anytime, come in the fall to feel like a true Parisian (with the summer vacations over, you’ll be rubbing elbows with locals instead of tourists).
- New Orleans, LA – $87. Outdoor jazz festivals, brew festivals, and some of the best Halloween bashes in the country make NOLA perfect for a fall visit.
- Miami, FL – $88. As summer’s blanket of humidity disappears, you’ll find Miami celebrating with a variety of events and festivals (including everything from Art Basel to Grovetoberfest).
- Chicago, IL – $89. Another city full of fall festivities is Chicago. And what better way to drink an autumn-themed beer than by dining al-fresco along a red tree-lined street?
Want more options?
Check Hotwire to find all the latest deals. Book last-minute and there’s a good chance you’ll get a room for even less.
*Prices are based on 3+ star Hot Rate® Hotel demand September 1, 2016 to December 31, 2016 for travel in the same period to our top destinations. Prices are dynamic and subject to change. Prices do not include taxes and fees. Hot Rate® Hotel rates are different from retail hotel rates. With Hot Rate® Hotels you enter the date, location and star rating – exact hotel shown only after booking. All bookings are final.