No Purchase Necessary. A Purchase Will Not Increase Your Chances of Winning.
1. Eligibility: The Hotwire Anytime Bag Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the United States who are at least eighteen (18) years old. Employees of Hotwire, Inc. (“Sponsor”), as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of those employees, are not eligible to enter.
2. Agreement to Official Rules: By entering, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions regarding the Sweepstakes, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements in these Official Rules.
3. Entry Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 a.m. PT on Wednesday, July 13, 2016, and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on Friday, July 15, 2016 (the “Entry Period”). Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter: During the Entry Period, Sponsor will post a picture of an empty “Anytime Bag” to its Facebook (www.facebook.com/hotwire), Twitter (@Hotwire), and Instagram (@hotwire) accounts. Comment on the Facebook or Instagram post, or reply to the Twitter post, with a description of your favorite travel item(s) or post an image of your favorite travel item(s) to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Your entry must include the hashtags #AnytimeBag and #sweepstakes. There is a limit of three (3) entries per person per day during the Entry Period, regardless of the social media platform used to enter. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same social media account. If you attempt to obtain more than the stated number of entries by any means, you may be disqualified.
5. Content Requirements: Your Entry must not, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, (a) violate any third party rights, including, but not limited to, copyrights, trademark rights, or rights of privacy and publicity; (b) contain defamatory statements; (c) include threats to any person, place, business, or group; (d) be inappropriate, obscene, or indecent; (e) depict any risky behavior; (f) prominently feature any third party trademarks or logos; (g) have been entered in any other contest or have been published or distributed in any other media; (h) depict any individual; or (i) contain any known virus or other software that may in any way affect the hardware or software of any party viewing the entry, including Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to remove and/or disqualify any entry for any reason.
6. Entrant’s Warranties and Representations: By submitting an entry, you warrant and represent that (a) the entry is an original work created solely by you for entry in the Sweepstakes; (b) you own all rights to the entry; and (c) the entry complies with all requirements of these Official Rules.
7. Sponsor’s Rights to Entries: By participating, you (a) irrevocably grant Sponsor, its agents, licensees, and assigns the unconditional and perpetual (non-exclusive) right and permission to copyright, reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, modify, create derivative works of, exhibit, and otherwise use your entry as-is or as-edited (with or without using your name) in any media throughout the world for any purpose, without limitation, and without additional review, compensation, or approval from you or any other party; (b) forever waive any rights of copyrights, trademark rights, privacy rights, and any other legal or moral rights that may preclude Sponsor’s use of your entry, or require any further permission for Sponsor to use the entry; and (c) agree not to instigate, support, maintain, or authorize any action, claim, or lawsuit against Sponsor on the grounds that any use of the entry, or any derivative works, infringes any of your rights as creator of the entry, including, without limitation, copyrights, trademark rights, and moral rights.
8. Drawing: After the end of Entry Period, Sponsor will select three (3) potential winners in a random drawing of all entries received during the Entry Period. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received.
9. Notification and Requirements of Potential Winners: Sponsor will notify the potential winners via a direct message on the social media platform(s) the potential winners used to enter. In order to receive a direct message from Sponsor, you must (a) be following Sponsor on the social media platform(s) used to enter, and (b) have your Twitter or Instagram account set to “unprotected” and/or “public” (if applicable). Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release. If a potential winner fails to respond to the notification, or to complete and return the required documentation, within three (3) business days, he/she will forfeit the prize, and Sponsor may award that prize to an alternate entrant. Only three (3) alternate entrants may be contacted.
10. Prizes: Two (2) winners will each receive one (1) “Anytime Bag,” consisting of travel items mentioned participants’ entries, as selected by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. The approximate retail value of each prize is $600. A winner is responsible for paying any applicable income taxes and any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. A winner may not request cash or a substitute prize.
11. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify and seek damages from any individual who tampers with the operation of the Sweepstakes, violates these Official Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, the authorized account holder of the social media account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
12. Release and Limitations of Liability: By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to, (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) errors with the Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram platforms; (d) printing errors; (e) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (f) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (g) injury or damage to persons or property. You further agree that in any cause of action, in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorneys’ fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
13. Disputes: You agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in California. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than California.
15. Results: The names of the winners, and the content of the Anytime Bags will be published on the Hotwire blog (blog.hotwire.com) after the Entry Period.
16. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Hotwire, Inc., 655 Montgomery Street, Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94111. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.