No Purchase Necessary. A Purchase Will Not Increase Your Chances of Winning.
- Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States who are at least eighteen (18) years old. Employees of Hotwire, Inc. (“Sponsor”) and Expedia, Inc., as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of those employees, are not eligible to enter.
- Agreement to Official Rules: By entering, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions regarding the Sweepstakes, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements in these Official Rules.
- Entry Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 a.m. PT on October 24, 2016, and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on October 28, 2016 (the “Entry Period”). The Entry Period consists of five calendar days (each, a “Day”), each beginning at 12:00 a.m. PT and ending at 11:59 p.m. PT. Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
- How to Enter: Each Day during the Entry Period, Sponsor will post to its Facebook (www.facebook.com/hotwire), Twitter (@Hotwire), and Instagram (@hotwire) accounts a beach destination and a ski destination and ask to which destination its followers would rather travel. Comment on the Facebook or Instagram post, or reply to the Twitter post, with your vote to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Your entry must include the hashtag #sweepstakes. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person per Day, regardless of the social media platform used to enter. Entries will not carry forward to subsequent Days. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same social media account. If you attempt to obtain more than one (1) entry per Day by any means, including through the use of an agency or automated system, you may be disqualified. Entries will not be acknowledged.
- Content Requirements: Your entry must not, be inappropriate, obscene, or indecent, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, or contain any known virus or other software that may in any way affect the hardware or software of any party viewing the entry, including Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to remove and/or disqualify any entry for any reason.
- Drawing: After the Entry Period, Sponsor will select one (1) potential winner in a random drawing of all eligible entries received each Day during the Entry Period, for a total of five (5) potential winners. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received for the applicable Day.
- Notification and Requirements of Potential Winners: Sponsor will notify the potential winners via a direct message on the social media platform(s) the potential winners used to enter. The direct message will ask the winners to contact Sponsor via email, where Sponsor will provide instructions on how to redeem the prize. In order to receive a direct message from Sponsor, you must (a) be following Sponsor on the social media platform(s) used to enter, and (b) have your Twitter or Instagram account set to “unprotected” and/or “public” (if applicable). Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release. If a potential winner fails to respond to the notification, or to complete and return the required documentation, within three (3) business days, he/she will forfeit the prize, and Sponsor may award that prize to an alternate entrant. Only three (3) alternate entrants may be contacted.
- Prize: Each winner will receive $500 HotDollars for use toward the full or partial cost of any booking on Hotwire of a Hot Rate Hotel or Hot Rate car. The HotDollars expire one (1) year after the date of issuance and are subject to other HotDollars Rules and Restrictions. To receive the prize, the winner must have a Hotwire account, which is free to create. A winner is responsible for paying any applicable income taxes and any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. A winner may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize with another prize of equal or greater value, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
- General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify and seek damages from any individual who tampers with the operation of the Sweepstakes, violates these Official Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, the authorized account holder of the social media account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to, (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) errors with the Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram platforms; (d) printing errors; (e) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (f) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (g) injury or damage to persons or property. You further agree that in any cause of action, in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorneys’ fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- Disputes: You agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in California. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than California.
- Results: For the names of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Hotwire, Inc., 655 Montgomery Street, Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94111. Requests must be received within four (4) weeks of the end of the Entry Period
- Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Hotwire, Inc., 655 Montgomery Street, Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94111. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
Check Hotwire to find the latest deals for your perfect Winter getaway.