No Purchase Necessary. A Purchase Will Not Increase Your Chances of Winning.
- Eligibility: The #HotwireEffect Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the United States who are at least eighteen (18) years of age. Employees of Hotwire, Inc. (“Sponsor”) and Expedia, Inc., as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee, are not eligible to enter.
- Agreement to Official Rules: By entering the Contest, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Entry Period: The Contest beings at 12:00 a.m. PT on Monday, August 13, 2018, and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on Friday, August 24, 2018 (the “Entry Period”). Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
- How to Enter: You may enter via Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. All entries should include the hashtags #HotwireEffect and #contest.
- Facebook: Visit facebook.com/hotwire. “Like” the page, and follow the directions to post a photo to the Hotwire Facebook page demonstrating the “Hotwire Effect” (i.e. hide the hotel name with your finger or hand).
- Twitter or Instagram: Follow @hotwire on Twitter or Instagram, follow the directions to post a photo demonstrating the Hotwire Effect. You must have your account settings set to “public.”
There is a limit of one (1) entry per person per day, regardless of the social media platform used to enter. Multiple entries will not be acknowledged.
- Content Requirements: Your entry must not (a) violate any third party rights, including, but not limited to, copyrights, trademark rights, or rights of privacy and publicity; (b) contain defamatory statements; (c) include threats to any person, place, business, or group; (d) be obscene or indecent; (e) depict any risky behavior, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion; (f) contain any third-party trademarks or logos, other than the Hotwire trademarks or logos; and (g) have been entered in any other contest or have been published or distributed in any other media. Sponsor reserves the right to remove any entry posted to its Facebook wall, or to refuse to post any entry on its website for any reason.
- Entrant’s Warranties and Representations: By submitting an entry, you warrant and represent that (a) the entry is an original work created solely by you for entry in the Contest; (b) you own all rights to the entry; (c) to the extent the entry depicts any individual, you are the individual pictured in the submission, or, alternatively, you have obtained written permission from each person appearing in the entry to grant the rights to Sponsor described in the “Sponsor’s Rights to Entries” section below, and can make written copies of such permissions available to Sponsor upon request; and (d) the entry complies with all requirements of these Official Rules.
- Sponsor’s Rights to Entries: By participating, you (a) irrevocably grant Sponsor, its agents, licensees, and assigns the unconditional and perpetual (non-exclusive) right and permission to copyright, reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, modify, create derivative works of, exhibit, and otherwise use your entry as-is or as-edited (with or without using your name) in any media throughout the world for any purpose, without limitation, and without additional review, compensation, or approval from you or any other party; (b) forever waive any copyrights, trademark rights, privacy rights, and any other legal or moral rights that may preclude Sponsor’s use of your entry, or require any further permission for Sponsor to use the entry; and (c) agree not to instigate, support, maintain, or authorize any action, claim, or lawsuit against Sponsor on the grounds that any use of the entry, or any derivative works, infringes any of your rights as creator of the entry, including, without limitation, copyrights, trademark rights, and moral rights.
- Judging: After the Entry Period, Sponsor will evaluate all entries and select four (4) potential winners based on the following Judging Criteria: (1) originality, (2) creativity, and (3) adherence to the Hotwire brand message. In the event of a tie, the entry with the highest score in the “originality” category will be deemed the potential winner. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received and the performance of each entrant.
- Notification and Requirements of Potential Winners: Sponsor will attempt to notify potential winners within seventy-two (72) hours of the date of selection via a direct message on the social media platform used to enter. Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release. If a potential winner is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian will be required to sign the documents on his/her behalf. If a potential winner fails to respond or to sign and return the required documents within three (3) business days, an alternate potential winner may be selected in his/her place according to the Judging Criteria. Only three (3) alternate potential winners may be contacted.
- Prizes: One (1) grand-prize winner will receive:
- $500 HotDollars (ie credit for use on any Hotwire Hot Rate® Hotel or Car and
- A $500 flight voucher.
Two (2) second place winners will each receive $500 HotDollars (credit for use on any Hot Rate Hotel or Car).
Winner may be required to provide a credit card upon check-in for incidentals. Flight voucher may be subject to additional terms and conditions and may not be used to cover fees associated with the flight, such as seat selection or checked baggage fees. A winner is responsible for paying any applicable income taxes and any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. You may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes according to the Judging Criteria from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify and seek damages from any individual who tampers with the operation of the Contest, violates these Official Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, the authorized account holder of social media account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Contest, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) errors with the Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram platforms; (d) printing errors; (e) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (f) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (g) injury or damage to persons or property. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorneys’ fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in California. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than California.
- Results: For the names of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Hotwire, Inc., 114 Sansome Street, Floor 4, San Francisco, CA 94104. Requests must be received within four (4) weeks of the end of the Entry Period.
- Sponsor:The Contest is sponsored by Hotwire, Inc., 114 Sansome Street, Floor 4, San Francisco, CA 94104. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.