No Purchase Necessary. A Purchase Will Not Increase Your Chances of Winning.
In these Official Rules, the term “you” refers to any person who responds, or who wishes to respond, to the Contest.
- Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored by Hotwire, Inc., 114 Sansome Street, Suite 400, San Francisco, CA 94104 (“Sponsor”).
- Agreement to Official Rules: By responding, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Receiving a Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Promotion Period: The promotion period begins at 12:01 am Pacific Time (“PT”) on Friday, June 25, 2021 and will end at 11:59 pm PT on Monday, July 12, 2021 (“Promotion Period”). Entries submitted before or after the Promotion Period will not be eligible. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
- How to Participate: Each entrant to this Contest must first follow Hotwire, located at www.tiktok.com/@hotwiretravel. Then the entrant must upload a video (no longer than 15 seconds), using the hashtag #HotwireHotelGoals which mimics the challenge outlined in Hotwire’s most recentTikTok video, also with the hashtag #HotwireHotelGoals (an “Entry”). Depending on the size of your Entry, your connection, Internet traffic and other circumstances, your submission/upload time may take several minutes to complete.
The use of an agency or any automated system to enter is strictly prohibited, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries received through such methods, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. By entering, you indicate your full agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions regarding the Contest, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements in these Official Rules.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Standard text messaging, data and/or other rates apply to participants who submit an Entry via a wireless mobile device. Wireless service providers may charge for airtime and/or data in relation to each standard text message sent and received. Please contact your service provider for pricing and service plan information and rates before mobile device participation.
Limit: Each entrant may upload one (1) Entry per person during the Entry Period. Entries received from any person in excess of the stated limit will be void. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. If requested, entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Entry. Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Entries, all of which will be void.
- Entry Guidelines and Content Restrictions: An Entry must meet the following guidelines: (a) the Entry must comply with these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to delete or disregard Entries that are inappropriate or that do not comply with the foregoing; and (b) the Entry must additionally comply with the following restrictions (“Content Restrictions”): (i) is original to him/her; (ii) does not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation; (iii) the Entry must not contain material that violates or infringes another person’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or infringe on any rights and/or interests of any third party; (iv) the Entry must not contain material that is hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous toward any person living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or proprietary rights; (v) the Entry must not contain material that is obscene, sexually explicit or pornographic or promote bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, or that is designed to annoy or harass; (vi) the Entry must not make any references to alcoholic beverages, tobacco, drug paraphernalia, firearms, or any depiction or representation thereof; (vii) the uploaded submission must not contain any virus, Trojans, hacks, spyware or malicious code of any type; (viii) the Entry must be suitable for audiences of all ages and be consistent with Sponsor’s reputation in the marketplace, including its reputation for quality and integrity; and (ix) the uploaded submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where Entry is created.
Failure of any Entry to comply with the above Entry Guidelines and Content Restrictions, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, may result in the deletion of the Entry and disqualification from the Contest. No Entry will be returned. Sponsor shall have the right to delete, edit, adapt and publish any or all of the Entries, and may use them in any media without attribution or compensation to the Entrant, his/her successors or assigns, or any other entity. As more fully explained in Section 7 below, SUBMITTING AN ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES A GRANT OF AN IRREVOCABLE, ROYALTY-FREE WORLDWIDE LICENSE TO SPONSOR AND ITS AFFILIATES TO REPRODUCE AND DISPLAY THE UPLOADED ENTRY, OR ANY DERIVATIVE THEREOF, IN ALL MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVISED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE INTERNET, IN PERPETUITY. Promotion Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected Entries. Such Entries are void and will be disqualified. Promotion Parties are not responsible for inability to connect to any website including but not limited to the Website. Promotion Parties are not responsible for inability to upload the Entry. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may feature any submission submitted in this Promotion at any time during, or after, the Entry Period on any related websites, in any promotional materials, whether related or unrelated to the Promotion, and at any other location, whether physical or online, that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, deems appropriate for the operation and promotion of this Promotion.
- Sponsor’s Rights to Entries: By entering the Contest and submitting an Entry, each entrant: (i) grants to the Sponsor, in perpetuity, a non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use his/her Entry (and each component thereof), in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the Contest or for any other reason; (ii) waives all moral rights in and to his/her Entry (and each component thereof) in favor of the Sponsor; and (iii) agrees to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses arising from use of his/her Entry (or any component thereof), including, without limitation, any claim based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property related or other cause of action whatsoever. For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and at any time, to disqualify any Entry (or any component thereof) if a complaint is received with respect to the Entry, or for any other reason. If such an action is necessary at any point during or after the Contest, then the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to take whatever action it deems necessary based on the circumstances – including, without limitation, disqualifying the Entry and/or the associated entrant.
- Sponsor’s Rights to Responses: You do not transfer ownership of your video by entering the Contest. However, by participating, you grant Sponsor, its agents, licensees, and assigns an irrevocable, perpetual (non-exclusive) right and permission to reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, modify, create derivative works of, exhibit, and otherwise use your response as-is or as-edited (with or without using your name) in any media throughout the world for any purpose, without limitation, and without additional review, compensation, or approval from you.
- Winner Determination: By July 16, 2021, one (1) winner will be determined by a panel of qualified judges determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion based on the following judging criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
- Quality of Submission
- Fit to Theme
The Entrant with the highest score based on the Judging Criteria will be deemed a potential Prize winner. In the event of a tie, the entrant whose Entry received the highest score for Fit to Theme, as determined by the qualified judges, in their sole discretion, will be deemed the potential winner. Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than one (1) winner if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Entries.
Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest. Potential winner will be notified via direct message on TikTok and asked to provide their first and last name, email and physical mailing address. Once notified that you are a potential winner, you may be required to sign and return, within seven (7) calendar days of notification, an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Waiver, and where allowable, a Publicity Release (collectively, “the Releases”). Noncompliance will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. A prize is not transferable; no prize substitutions or cash alternatives are allowed except as may be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Except where prohibited, acceptance of a prize constitutes the winner’s consent that his/her name, likenesses, and/or biographical data may be used for advertising and promotional purposes without limitation and without additional notice, compensation, or consent. Only one (1) alternate entrant per prize will be contacted.
- Prize: One (1) potential winner will be selected and will receive a Prize (“Prize”) of up to $50,000 worth of domestic travel including lodging and round trip private jet transportation to and from a mutually agreed upon origin and destination airport over mutually agreed upon dates. The number of guests that may accompany the winner is dependent upon the travel itinerary. All guests must travel on the same itinerary.
Sponsor or its agent will assist winner with booking travel. Re-bookings are not allowed. The value of the booking is not refundable. Booking is subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by issuer. Certain blackout dates and travel restrictions may apply. Total Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the prize is up to $50,000.
Winner is responsible for paying any applicable federal, provincial, state, local, income and withholding taxes, if any, and any and all other costs and expenses not listed herein as being provided, including but not limited to ground transportation, luggage fees, hotel accommodation not included in award above, hotel resort fees (if any) meals, beverages, hotel incidentals, souvenirs and gratuities. In the event that any tax withholding is required by law for an award, winner authorizes Sponsor to make the corresponding deduction. Any award details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Sponsor will not be liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellations or delays. Sponsor will not be liable for any airline and/or hotel fees incurred as a consequence of changing or cancelling flight and/or hotel reservations. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen award or award components. A winner may not transfer, assign or substitute an award, or redeem an award for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute an award (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value. Award is “as is” without any warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. The award is subject to and a winner must abide by the providers’ terms and conditions of booking, of carriage for the flights, if any, and of stay for the hotel.
- General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest; or (b) distribute the awards according to the criteria set forth above from among the eligible responses received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and seek damages from any individual who tampers with the operation of the Contest, violates these Official Rules, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. The Contest is subject to federal, provincial, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: Except where prohibited, by entering, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any award, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) any errors on the TikTok platform that may prevent an entrant from entering or receiving direct messages; (d) printing errors; (e) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (f) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of responses; or (g) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any award. You further agree that in any cause of action, in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- Collection and Use of Your Personal Information: Hotwire may collect and process your personal information directly or through our agents or contractors. We will use your personal information as necessary in order to conduct and manage the Contest, and, where we have a lawful basis to do so, to send marketing communications to you. We may disclose your personal information to our related companies, agents, and contractors to assist in conducting and managing this offer, communicating with you, or storing data. Please see our Privacy Statement, https://www.hotwire.com/content/privacy-policy?cc=us, for more information about how we process your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any award shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of California. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, including its choice of laws provision.
- Winner Information: For the name of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Administrator, Hotwire’s #HotwireHotelGoals Contest, 114 Sansome Street, Suite 400, San Francisco, CA 94104. Requests must be received within four (4) weeks of the end of the Contest Period.