NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Information on how to enter, the prizes and rules for redeeming the prizes form part of the terms and conditions of entry for the Sweepstakes. Participation in the Sweepstakes is deemed acceptance of these “Official Rules” (“Official Rules”) and any other notices referenced herein.
In these Official Rules, the term “you” refers to any person who enters, or who wishes to enter, the Sweepstakes.
1. Eligibility: Hotwire’s “Nitraab” Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia who are at least twenty-one (21) years old or older at the time of entry, have an Instagram account and who otherwise meet the requirements set out in these Official Rules. Employees of Hotwire and its parent company, owners, subsidiaries, affiliates, retailers, distributors, officers, directors, contractors, and advertising/promotion agencies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of those employees are not eligible to enter or win.
2. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Hotwire, Inc., 114 Sansome Street, Suite 400, San Francisco, CA 94104 (“Sponsor”).
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By entering, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 am Pacific Time (“PT”) on Thursday, September 24, 2020 and ends at 11:59 pm PT on Saturday, September 27, 2020 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
5. How to Enter the Sweepstakes: If you don’t already follow @hotwire on Instagram, visit https://www.instagram.com/hotwire/ and click on the icon to follow @hotwire. Similarly, if you don’t already follow @Nitraab on Instagram, visit https://www.instagram.com/nitraab and click on the icon to follow @Nitraab.
During the Entry Period, @Nitraab will post a photo and question on it’s Instagram (@Nitraab) account. Once you are following both accounts, respond to the post on Instagram and tag a friend. Be sure to include the hashtag #Sweepstakes and you will be entered for a chance to win.
Note: All entries will have an equal chance of winning.
By entering on Instagram, you agree that your Entry conforms to the Submission Requirements as defined below (“Submission Requirements”) and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify you from the Sweepstakes if it believes that your Entry fails to conform to the Submission Requirements. Entrants must have permission from all individuals that appear in the Entry (if any) to use their name and likeness in the Submission and to grant the rights set forth herein.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Standard text messaging, data and/or other rates apply to participants who submit a post via a wireless mobile device. Wireless service providers may charge for airtime and/or data in relation to each standard text message sent and received. Please contact your service provider for pricing and service plan information and rates before mobile device participation.
6. Submission Requirements: BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, YOU AGREE THAT THE ENTRY COMPLIES WITH ALL CONDITIONS STATED IN THESE RULES. THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL BEAR NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER REGARDING THE USE OF YOUR ENTRY. THE RELEASED PARTIES SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY YOU IN THE EVENT IT IS SUBSEQUENTLY DISCOVERED THAT YOU HAVE DEPARTED FROM OR NOT FULLY COMPLIED WITH ANY OF THESE RULES AND/OR THE INSTAGRAM RULES.
By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant hereby warrants and represents that any Entry he/she submits:
- does not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
- the account will need to be made public to see the specific hashtag; and
- will not give rise to any claims whatsoever, including, without limitation, claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights and/or interests of any third party.
The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, at any time and for any reason to screen any Entry(ies). Any Entry that the Sponsor deems, in its sole and absolute discretion, to violate the terms and conditions set forth in these Rules is subject to disqualification.
7. Selection of Winner: On or about 10:00 am PT on September 28, 2020 at Sponsor’s office at 114 Sansome Street, Suite 400, San Francisco, CA 94104, Sponsor or its agent will select one (1) potential winner in a random drawing of all valid entries received during the Entry Period. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
8. Notification and Requirements of Potential Winner: Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Potential winner will be notified via direct message on Instagram and asked to provide their first and last name, email and physical mailing address. Once notified that you are a potential winner, you may be required to sign and return, within seven (7) calendar days of notification, an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Waiver, and where allowable, a Publicity Release (collectively, “the Releases”). Noncompliance will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. A prize is not transferable; no prize substitutions or cash alternatives are allowed except as may be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Except where prohibited, acceptance of a prize constitutes the winner’s consent that his/her name, likenesses, and/or biographical data may be used for advertising and promotional purposes without limitation and without additional notice, compensation, or consent. Only one (1) alternate entrant per prize will be contacted.
9. Prize: One (1) potential winner will be selected and will receive a Prize (“Prize”) of $500 HotDollars for use on Hot Rate bookings on Hotwire.com. The HotDollars expire September 30, 2021, are subject to the HotDollars Rules and Restrictions.
To receive a prize, a winner must have a Hotwire account, which is free to create.
Re-bookings are not allowed. The value of the booking is not refundable. Booking is subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by issuer. Certain blackout dates and travel restrictions may apply.
Total Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the prizes is $500.
Winner is responsible for paying any applicable federal, provincial, state, local, income and withholding taxes, if any, and any and all other costs and expenses not listed herein as being provided, including but not limited to travel documents (i.e., passport and/or visa applications, if required), airfare, ground transportation, meals, beverages, hotel incidentals, souvenirs and gratuities. In the event that any tax withholding is required by law for a prize, a winner authorizes Sponsor to make the corresponding deduction. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Sponsor will not be liable for any hotel fees incurred as a consequence of changing or cancelling hotel reservation. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes or prize components. A winner may not transfer, assign or substitute a prize, or redeem a prize for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value. Prize is awarded “as is” without any warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. The prize is subject to and a winner must abide by the prize providers’ terms and conditions of booking and of stay for the hotel.
10. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the operation of the Sweepstakes, violates these Official Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, the authorized account holder of the Instagram account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
11. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone, or network lines; (c) any errors on the Instagram platform that may prevent an entrant from entering or receiving direct messages; (d) printing errors; (e) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (f) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (g) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, compensatory, direct, or indirect damages.
13. Disputes: You agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of California. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, including its choice of laws provision.
14. Results: To request a winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Administrator, Hotwire’s “Nitraab” Sweepstakes, 114 Sansome Street, Suite 400, San Francisco, CA 94104. Requests must be received within four (4) weeks of the end of the Sweepstakes Period.