Holiday travel often means busy airports, frazzled travelers and hectic taxi lines. And this year will be no different. AAA predicts that the 2016 holiday season will see the most travelers ever before the year comes to a close. So, we have some tips to help you avoid the busy lines.
- Have family pick you up at departures: It’s no secret that there’s tons and tons of other travelers arriving at the same time you are. Why not avoid the lines go to departures instead of arrivals? You and the person picking you up will be much happier.
- Always pack a carry on to avoid having to check a bag: This one’s a no brainer, but it really does save you so much time. Lay out everything you think you’ll need…and then put half the clothes away. Chances are you won’t miss them.
- Don’t wrap presents before your flight: It may be tempting to plan ahead of time and get your presents wrapped before you head to visit family and friends, but pack the presents and buy wrapping paper when you’re there. Since TSA often needs to unwrap presents, it’ll save you the headache of having to wrap, unwrap and rewrap your gifts.
- Get TSA pre-check to avoid long security lines: For only $85, you can apply for TSA pre-check and enjoy shorter security lines and some time-saving benefits like leaving your belt and shoes on. If you don’t already have it, it’s a great option for 2017 travel.
- Download the mobile app and check-in before you get to the airport: One more line you can avoid is at check-in. Simply download the travel app you booked on and check-in before you even pull up curbside. Add the tickets to your wallet so you can scan and go once you reach security.