If you are constantly behind the eight-ball when it comes to planning an exciting Valentine’s day…it turns out you’re not alone. We analyzed the 2015 mobile booking trends for Valentine’s Day weekend to figure out which cities attracted the most last-minute Valentine’s Day travelers.
Whether it’s for a romantic weekend getaway, or a fun-filled “Galentine’s Day” weekend with friends, these five cities had the most bookings three days or closer to February 14, 2015. We think the results might surprise you.
- INDIANAPOLIS, INDIANA—Not typically known for romance, we admit, this one had us scratching our heads a bit.
- NEW YORK CITY, NY—So much love for the city of lights, the Big Apple makes all the sense.
- DALLAS, TEXAS—Sunshine, spas and parks to walk hand-in-hand through? We get it.
- WASHINGTON, D.C.—Bishop’s Garden and drinks at The Bombay Club? Could make for the perfect destination proposal, if one were so inclined. Or, a perfect place to weekend with friends.
And now for the biggest surprise. Drumroll please! The most spontaneous city for Valentine’s Day travel is:
- IRVING, TEXAS?! Yes. The hidden gem of Irving, Texas (pop 229,000) attracted the most last-minute Valentine’s Day travelers last year. Sure, we wouldn’t have guessed that Irving would be the most spontaneous city in the country, but there’s actually a ton of local attractions and events for couples and singles to enjoy. This cozy Texan town, just outside of Dallas, is home to one of the largest arts districts in the country and boasts nearly every professional sporting event you could think of. And with top-rated golf courses and Conde Nast Traveler Readers’ Top Hotel Spas in North America, it’s easy to plan a weekend of celebration everyone can enjoy.
Here’s to a love(ly) weekend of spontaneity, surprise and all that other mushy stuff.