New Year’s Eve is right around the corner, and if you still aren’t sure what you want to do, now is the perfect time to book a last-minute trip and ring in the new year in a different city. There’s often less travelers, better deals, and fun celebrations worth traveling across the country for. Plus, why not welcome in 2017 with an adventure?
If you need a little extra inspiration, we took a look at some of the best NYE festivities in the US and rounded up our top five favorites.
- Miami: This city already has amazing nightlife, and New Year’s Eve is no exception. With some of the best New Year’s Eve celebrations, fireworks and nightclub parties, it’s guaranteed to be a good time.
- San Francisco: Travel to the city by the bay for a NYE eve like no other. Whether you’re interested in dinner, dancing, a live show or all of the above, you’ll be able to find it in San Francisco.
- Las Vegas: Ice skating at the Cosmopolitan, Black Tie Masquerade party at the Bellagio, or Calvin Harris at Omnia Nightclub all sound like pretty great options for a NYE you won’t forget.
- Los Angeles: From fancy rooftop affairs to a free block party and a dance-till-morning marathon with crazy music to match, LA has something for everyone.
- New York City: And of course, we saved the best for last. Join approximately a million other people in Times Square to watch the ball drop for one of the most famous and well attended NYE celebrations in the world.