Since Punxsutawney Phil didn’t see his shadow, you might be looking to eke every last minute out of winter. Luckily, there are lots of great deals to be found in these five winter destinations.
- Enjoy one of nature’s most beautiful playgrounds in Salt Lake City, Utah. In February you can still enjoy downhill skiing and snowboarding, or try ice skating, snowmobiling, cross-country skiing or snowshoeing. If you’re brave enough, take a guided tour of the Olympic facility used during the 2002 winter games, and stop at all the major sites like the world’s highest-altitude ski jump. Salt Lake City, which is close to Alta and Snowbird ski resorts, has 4 star rooms available starting at $176 a night.
- Interested in exploring Yellowstone National Park? Travel to Jackson Hole, Wyoming where you can experience one of the three outstanding local ski areas, take a wildlife safari in the National Elk Refuge or walk around the winter wonderland of Yellowstone. Find a 4 star hotel starting at just $216 a night.
- Stowe, Vermont is the definition of luxury and adventure. Mount Mansfield is “literally” the high point of Vermont, and this spectacular mountain forms the centerpiece of a region that is legitimately world famous for its outdoor activities and adventures. You can even take a gondola between Mount Mansfield and Spruce Peak, or walk around the local village.
- Travel to Telluride, Colorado for a winter getaway before the snow season ends. Telluride got 19 inches of snow this season, which turned this dreamy city into a gorgeous winter wonderland. The Telluride Ski experience offers something for the whole family with everything from refined groomed runs to challenging moguls and everything between. To escape the cold, stay warm in your 3 star hotel for $135 a night and up.
- For the slightly adventurous vacationers, Whistler, Canada is the largest skiable area in North America. Take advantage of the pinnacle of Whistler’s skiing experience with heli-skiing, fly high on Ziptrek’s network of ziplines and suspension bridges, or attend a Fire and Ice skiing show. An evening in Whistler at a 3 star resort will cost you $186 a night and up.
So, what are you waiting for? Book your dream winter wonderland trip before it’s too late.
Prices based on lowest Hot Rate Hotel prices found for travel between 2/12/16 and 2/15/16. Prices are dynamic and subject to change. Availability is limited. There’s no guarantee these prices will be in effect at the time of your search. Hotel name shown only after booking. All bookings final.