With 2020 being the year that it is (*sigh*), more and more people are turning their eyes towards visiting our National Parks. But if you’re anything like us, camping doesn’t always make sense (and glamping doesn’t make sense to our wallets 😅). So we crunched some numbers and found the top 10 cities for a quickie trip that are near to National Parks, so you can have the best of both worlds.
Here are the top ten 2020 Index cities with a nearby national park:
- Las Vegas, Nevada: Death Valley National Park
- Seattle, Washington: Mount Rainier National Park
- Denver, Colorado: Rocky Mountain National Park
- Arlington, Virginia: National Mall and Memorial Park
- Miami, Florida: Everglades National Park
- Tallahassee, Florida: Apalachicola National Forest
- Salt Lake City, Utah: Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest
- Springfield, Missouri: Mark Twain National Forest
- Newport Beach, California: Joshua Tree National Park
- Charleston, South Carolina: Congaree National Park
Knowing travel (and thus, traveler priorities) looked a bit different this year, to find the top quickie cities, Hotwire analyzed more than 10,000 data points and 300 cities to rank the top 40 destinations for its second annual index based on shifting traveler preferences; including driveability, population and last-minute savings, as well as things to do. See the full Quickie City Index here.