As we’re now officially into 2016, the idea of a winter getaway to somewhere sunny and warm already sounds like the perfect way to recharge for the rest of the winter. If you (like us) are in need of some sunshine and want to stay in the States, explore these five U.S. cities for a warm winter getaway.
- Miami: Palm trees and the ocean? You really can’t go wrong here. Whether you’re interested in hanging by the pool or exploring South Beach, Miami is a great option for you. And don’t miss out on the amazing Latin food. Travelling with kids? No problem! Key Biscayne is very family friendly and offers bike paths, playgrounds and nature.
- Palm Springs: If iconic architecture and desert is more your thing, Palm Springs is the place to enjoy a weekend. Warm all year round, Palm Springs offers gorgeous pools and hipster chic hotels. Relax by the pool to escape the midday heat with a cold beverage and poolside service. Where do we sign up?
- Scottsdale: Scottsdale is home to some of Arizona’s most beautiful scenery. Still warm in the winter – but not scorching – Scottsdale will rejuvenate you and give you the Vitamin D boost you need to last through the next few months. Don’t skip out on a sunrise hike or an exotic spa treatment.
- Hawaii: Arguably the most exotic place you can get to without your passport, Hawaii is warm year-round and offers a different vibe on each of the five islands. Once you get to Hawaii, island hopping is relatively cheap affordable. And to get the authentic Hawaii experience, rent a car and explore the island for breathtaking views of waterfalls, mountains, lush greenery and stunning beaches.
- San Diego: Is it possible to have a bad time in California? We don’t think so. San Diego is home to sun, surf and 70 miles of coastline. What’s not to love? Winter is also whale migration season, so you’ll enjoy plenty of activities in and around the bay. And also? Giant pandas.