Now is an incredibly exciting time for college grads (and their families!) all over the country. For many, that hard-earned diploma marks the last final exam you’ll ever have to take. It means that after years of lecture halls, late nights and study groups, you’ve officially earned a college degree and you’re ready to take on your next adventure (did somebody say J.O.B.?), wherever and whatever that might be.
But, before you do, this is the perfect time for one last hurrah so why not treat yourself with a spontaneous adventure? For grads looking to get the most bang for their buck, we’ve crunched the numbers to find where the best deals are this season. We put together a list of U.S. destinations that are sure to be gentle on your wallet and help you cross a few spots off your bucket list at the same time.
- New York: For all the art lovers out there, travel to the “Big Apple” this summer to see some of the biggest and best museums this country has to offer. Go to the Met, check out MOMA and don’t miss the Guggenheim. While you’re there explore Times Square, the Statue of Liberty and experience the Empire State Building. And no trip to NY would be complete without a sandwich from Carnegie Deli.
- New Orleans: New Orleans is world famous for its nightlife, music and festive spirit. Some say it’s America’s most culturally and historically-rich destination, complete with some of the best food, jazz and energy this country has to offer. If you like jazz, New Orleans has tons of festivals lined up to keep you entertained all season long.
- Miami: Florida wins as the most affordable sunny destination for travelers this June. Here you can enjoy the glamorous South Beach, beautiful people-watching, the freshest seafood and some of the best Cuban cuisine around.
- Los Angeles: For recent grads, the “City of Angels” has tons of awesome activities that are sure to make any group of friends happy. For all the beach lovers, head over to Venice beach to soak up some Vitamin D and walk along the famous boardwalk. If hiking is more your style, grab your tennis shoes and hike to the Hollywood sign. Plus, there’s delicious food (and potential star-sightings) everywhere you turn.
- Las Vegas: If you can handle the heat, take a trip to Sin City during the month of June for some guaranteed fun. With prices almost 15 percent lower in June than any other spring months, you’ll also enjoy some big savings…makes sipping those cocktails by the pool sound pretty good to us.
Wherever you go, and whatever you do, the heartiest of congratulations from Hotwire to the class of 2016!