Recent news about the coronavirus (COVID-19) brings daily changes to our travelers and our cities. We are actively monitoring the current and potential impact of the coronavirus on our customers, and our customer operations team is working hand-in-hand with our hotel, car and flight partners to help make trip changes and cancellations as simple as possible.
During these unprecedented times, we are also continuing to develop new ways to enhance our self-service options and creating automated tools for travelers to better manage their reservations. Every single Hotwire team member is dedicated to helping in any way they can to support our customers, employees, and all our fellow travelers during this time of uncertainty. To help, we have compiled a list of things Hotwire travelers should know when changing or canceling travel.
- If your travel plans are within 48 hours, call our customer support lines. Even if your booking is non-refundable or within the cancellation penalty window, you may still have options.
- If your Hot Rate hotel or car booking is eligible for a refund or free cancellation, fill out our online form. Travelers with reservations at eligible hotels or car rental agencies can submit this online cancellation form to receive a full refund. NOTE: if you have already submitted a request, you do not need to call us for a status update.
- If your travel is outside 48 hours and you are not eligible to use our self-serve form, check back regularly as many of our partners are updating their policies daily to align with changing travel restrictions. If you need to call us, please wait until you are within the 48 hour window to contact us so we can assist our customers with imminent travel first.
- Travel dates, when you booked your trip and where you’re headed will matter. Whether your travel plans are eligible for refund or change from hotel, airline and car providers often depends on when you booked, your destination and your travel dates. The quickest way to find out if travel plans can be changed without a penalty will generally be to check the airline, car, or hotel website directly.
- Reminder: Travel cancellation policies are at the discretion of hotels, car and airline partners. Hotwire follows the policies of their travel partners, which means any credit, refund or change is at the discretion of the airline, hotel, car or other travel provider. Many airline and hotel partners are offering flexible change policies due to the current situation; however, they do vary from partner to partner.
For the most up-to-date contact information and traveler guidelines on cancellations and refunds from Hotwire, visit our COVID-19 FAQ page.