Brighter days for planning travel are just around the corner, and now thanks to travel app Hotwire, those “vaxxication” goals are about to get a whole lot hotter, too. For those who recently dusted off their travel plans and are ready for a trip that is longer than the few steps from their bed, to their fridge, and their makeshift office desk, Hotwire wants to upgrade their summer by filling it with five-star hotel stays–$15,000 worth to be exact.
So pack those bags, pull out the shades and enter to win the Hotwire five-star summer before May 14 with three easy steps:
1. Download or access the Hotwire app here
2. Find a sweet Hot Rate hotel deal in the app (for trips between June 4 – September 6, 2021) and take a screenshot
3. Follow @Hotwire and tweet your deal @ us using #5StarSummer & #Sweepstakes
The five-star summer winner will receive up to $15,000 worth of fancy hotel stays in destinations of their choice all summer long. For sweepstakes details, terms and conditions, see below!
Hotwire’s ”5-Star Summer” Twitter Sweepstakes
Terms and Conditions
No Purchase Necessary. A Purchase Will Not Increase Your Chances of Winning.
In these Terms and Conditions, the term “you” refers to any person who responds, or who wishes to respond, to the Sweepstakes.
- Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Hotwire, Inc., 114 Sansome Street, Suite 400, San Francisco, CA 94104 (“Sponsor”).
- Agreement to Terms and Conditions: By responding, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to (a) these Terms and Conditions and (b) Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Receiving a Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Promotion Period: The promotion period begins at 12:01 am Pacific Time (“PT”) on Tuesday, April 27, 2021 and will end at 11:59 pm PT onFriday, May 14, 2021 (“Promotion Period”). Entries submitted before or after the Promotion Period will not be eligible. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
- How to Participate: If you don’t already follow @hotwire on Twitter, visit https://twitter.com/hotwire and click on the icon to follow @hotwire.
During the Promotion Period, if you haven’t already done so, download the Hotwire app, find a great deal for any of the summer travel dates (from June 4 through September 6, 2021) you’ve been eyeing on the app, and tweet a screenshot of the deal to us with the hashtag #5StarSummer for the chance to win a Five-Star Summer. Be sure to include the hashtag #Sweepstakes and you will be entered for a chance to win.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Standard text messaging, data and/or other rates apply to participants who submit a post via a wireless mobile device. Wireless service providers may charge for airtime and/or data in relation to each standard text message sent and received. Please contact your service provider for pricing and service plan information and rates before mobile device participation.
- Sponsor’s Rights to Responses: You do not transfer ownership of your response by entering the Sweepstakes. However, by participating, you grant Sponsor, its agents, licensees, and assigns an irrevocable, perpetual (non-exclusive) right and permission to reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, modify, create derivative works of, exhibit, and otherwise use your response as-is or as-edited (with or without using your name) in any media throughout the world for any purpose, without limitation, and without additional review, compensation, or approval from you.
- Selection of Winner: No later than 5:00 pm PT on Wednesday, May 19, 2021 at Sponsor’s office at 114 Sansome Street, Suite 400, San Francisco, CA 94104, Sponsor or it’s agent will select one (1) potential winner in a random drawing of all valid entries received during the Promotion Period. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period.
- Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Potential winner will be notified via direct message on Twitter and asked to provide their first and last name, email and physical mailing address. Once notified that you are a potential winner, you may be required to sign and return, within seven (7) calendar days of notification, an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Waiver, and where allowable, a Publicity Release (collectively, “the Releases”). Noncompliance will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. A prize is not transferable; no prize substitutions or cash alternatives are allowed except as may be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Except where prohibited, acceptance of a prize constitutes the winner’s consent that his/her name, likenesses, and/or biographical data may be used for advertising and promotional purposes without limitation and without additional notice, compensation, or consent. Only one (1) alternate entrant per prize will be contacted.
- Prize: One (1) potential winner will be selected and will receive a Prize (“Prize”) of up to $15,000 worth of travel for a summer filled with five-star hotel stays.
Sponsor or its agent will assist winner with booking travel. Re-bookings are not allowed. The value of the booking is not refundable. Booking is subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by issuer. Certain blackout dates and travel restrictions may apply.
Total Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the prize is up to $15,000 (ARV is estimated by multiplying 14 weekends beginning June 4, 2021 through September 6, 2021 (28 total nights) during the summer 2021 by $535 dollars).
Winner is responsible for paying any applicable federal, provincial, state, local, income and withholding taxes, if any, and any and all other costs and expenses not listed herein as being provided, including but not limited to airfare if required, ground transportation, luggage fees, hotel accommodation not included in award above, hotel resort fees (if any) meals, beverages, hotel incidentals, souvenirs and gratuities. In the event that any tax withholding is required by law for an award, winner authorizes Sponsor to make the corresponding deduction. Any award details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Sponsor will not be liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellations or delays. Sponsor will not be liable for any airline and/or hotel fees incurred as a consequence of changing or cancelling flight and/or hotel reservations. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen award or award components. A winner may not transfer, assign or substitute an award, or redeem an award for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute an award (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value. Award is “as is” without any warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. The award is subject to and a winner must abide by the providers’ terms and conditions of booking, of carriage for the flights, if any, and of stay for the hotel.
- General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes; or (b) distribute the awards according to the criteria set forth above from among the eligible responses received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and seek damages from any individual who tampers with the operation of the Sweepstakes, violates these Terms and Conditions, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, provincial, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: Except where prohibited, by entering, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any award, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) any errors on the Twitter platform that may prevent an entrant from entering or receiving direct messages; (d) printing errors; (e) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (f) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of responses; or (g) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any award. You further agree that in any cause of action, in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- Collection and Use of Your Personal Information: Hotwire may collect and process your personal information directly or through our agents or contractors. We will use your personal information as necessary in order to conduct and manage the Sweepstakes, and, where we have a lawful basis to do so, to send marketing communications to you. We may disclose your personal information to our related companies, agents, and contractors to assist in conducting and managing this offer, communicating with you, or storing data. Please see our Privacy Statement, https://www.hotwire.com/content/privacy-policy?cc=us, for more information about how we process your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any award shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of California. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, including its choice of laws provision.
- Winner Information: For the name of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Administrator, Hotwire’s “5-Star Summer” Sweepstakes, 114 Sansome Street, Suite 400, San Francisco, CA 94104. Requests must be received within four (4) weeks of the end of the Sweepstakes Period.