No Purchase Necessary. A Purchase Will Not Increase Your Chances of Winning.
- Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States who are at least twenty-one (21) years old. Employees of Hotwire, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Expedia, Inc., and the Hotel Partners, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of those employees, are not eligible to enter.
- Agreement to Official Rules: By entering, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions regarding the Sweepstakes, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements in these Official Rules.
- Entry Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 a.m. PT on August 8, 2016, and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on August 12, 2016 (the “Entry Period”). The Entry Period consists of five calendar days (each, a “Day”), each beginning at 12:00 a.m. PT and ending at 11:59 p.m. PT. Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
- How to Enter: Each Day during the Entry Period, Sponsor will post a question to its Facebook (www.facebook.com/hotwire), Twitter (@Hotwire), and Instagram (@hotwire) accounts. Comment on the Facebook or Instagram post, or reply to the Twitter post, with the answer to the question to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Your entry must include the hashtags #offthebeatenpath and #sweepstakes. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person per Day, regardless of the social media platform used to enter. Entries will not carry forward to subsequent Days. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same social media account. If you attempt to obtain more than one (1) entry per Day by any means, including through the use of an agency or automated system, you may be disqualified. Entries will not be acknowledged.
- Content Requirements: Your entry must not, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, (a) violate any third party rights, including, but not limited to, copyrights, trademark rights, or rights of privacy and publicity; (b) contain defamatory statements; (c) include threats to any person, place, business, or group; (d) be inappropriate, obscene, or indecent; (e) have been entered in any other promotion or have been published or distributed in any other media; or (f) contain any known virus or other software that may in any way affect the hardware or software of any party viewing the entry, including Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to remove and/or disqualify any entry for any reason.
- Entrant’s Warranties and Representations: By submitting an entry, you warrant and represent that (a) the entry is an original work created solely by you for entry in the Sweepstakes; (b) you own all rights to the entry; and (c) the entry complies with all requirements of these Official Rules.
- Sponsor’s Rights to Entries: By participating, you (a) irrevocably grant Sponsor, its agents, licensees, and assigns the unconditional and perpetual (non-exclusive) right and permission to copyright, reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, modify, create derivative works of, exhibit, and otherwise use your entry as-is or as-edited (with or without using your name) in any media throughout the world for any purpose, without limitation, and without additional review, compensation, or approval from you or any other party; (b) forever waive any rights of copyrights, trademark rights, privacy rights, and any other legal or moral rights that may preclude Sponsor’s use of your entry, or require any further permission for Sponsor to use the entry; and (c) agree not to instigate, support, maintain, or authorize any action, claim, or lawsuit against Sponsor on the grounds that any use of the entry, or any derivative works, infringes any of your rights as creator of the entry, including, without limitation, copyrights, trademark rights, and moral rights.
- Drawing: After the Entry Period, Sponsor will select one (1) potential winner in a random drawing of all eligible entries received each Day during the Entry Period, for a total of five (5) potential winners. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received for the applicable Day.
- Notification and Requirements of Potential Winners: Sponsor will notify the potential winners via a direct message on the social media platform(s) the potential winners used to enter. In order to receive a direct message from Sponsor, you must (a) be following Sponsor on the social media platform(s) used to enter, and (b) have your Twitter or Instagram account set to “unprotected” and/or “public” (if applicable). Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release. If a potential winner fails to respond to the notification, or to complete and return the required documentation, within three (3) business days, he/she will forfeit the prize, and Sponsor may award that prize to an alternate entrant. Only three (3) alternate entrants may be contacted.
- Prize: The winner will receive a voucher for a stay at one (1) of the following Hotel Partners in Mexico:
- Day One (August 8) Winner: A four (4) day and three (3) night stay for two (2) adults in a Deluxe Room at Mia Reef Isla Mujeres All Inclusive in Cancún, Mexico before March 31, 2017. Subject to availability and blackout dates, including December 20, 2016, through January 3, 2017. The approximate retail value of this prize is $861. The actual value of the prize will vary depending on various factors, including the date of booking.
- Day Two (August 9) Winner: A four (4) day and three (3) night stay for two (2) adults and two (2) children under twelve (12) at the Guaycura Boutique Hotel Beach Club & Spa in Todos Santos, Mexico before December 19, 2017. The approximate retail value of this prize is $792. The actual value of the prize will vary depending on various factors, including the date of booking.
- Day Three (August 10) Winner: A four (4) night stay for four (4) adults in quadruple occupation at The Phoenix Sayulita in Sayulita, Mexico before August 1, 2017. The stay must be booked by September 15, 2016. Subject to availability. The following blackout dates apply: September 13 through 19, and November 18 through 27, 2016; December 15, 2016, through January 16, 2017; and January 31 through February 28, and April 9 through April 24, 2017. The approximate retail value of this prize is $1,440. The actual value of the prize will vary depending on various factors, including the date of booking.
- Day Four (August 11) Winner: A four (4) night stay for two (2) adults at Dreams Tulum Resort & Spa in Tulum, Mexico before September 1, 2017. The following blackout dates apply: December 23, 2016, through January 1, 2017, and April 8 through April 21, 2017. The approximate retail value of this prize is $1,704. The actual value of the prize will vary depending on various factors, including the date of booking.
- Day Five (August 12) Winner: A four (4) night and five (5) day stay in a Deluxe Room, European Plan (no meals included) at the Hotel Camino Real Zaashila Huatulco in Huatulco, Mexico between August 15, 2016, and August 15, 2017. Subject to availability. The following blackout dates apply: weekends, Holy Week, Easter Week, national holidays, and from December 17, 2016, through January 9, 2017. The approximate retail value of this prize is $645. The actual value of the prize will vary depending on various factors, including the date of booking.
The prizes do not include airfare or any other travel/transportation expenses. The winner’s guest(s) must be of legal age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence, unless accompanied by their parent(s) or legal guardian(s). The winner’s guests, or the guests’ parents or legal guardians if the guests are minors, may be required to complete a liability/publicity release. The winner and guest(s) must have a valid photo ID approved for air travel. Any necessary visas are the responsibility of the winner and guest(s). A valid credit or debit card will be required to guarantee any incidentals on the hotel room at check in.
A winner is responsible for paying any applicable income taxes and any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. A winner may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize with another prize of equal or greater value, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
- General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify and seek damages from any individual who tampers with the operation of the Sweepstakes, violates these Official Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, the authorized account holder of the social media account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, the Hotel Partners, their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to, (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) errors with the Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram platforms; (d) printing errors; (e) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (f) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (g) injury or damage to persons or property. You further agree that in any cause of action, in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorneys’ fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- Disputes: You agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in California. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than California.
- Results: For the names of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Hotwire, Inc., 655 Montgomery Street, Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94111. Requests must be received within four (4) weeks of the end of the Entry Period
- Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Hotwire, Inc., 655 Montgomery Street, Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94111. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.