For all the football fans feeling the bitter pang of disappointment that “your” team lost this weekend, Hotwire’s here to ease the sting a bit by finding something to celebrate, despite the big L.
Like the fact that KC scored 0 touchdowns. That’s like, a record, right? Records are good! We think? TBH, we’re a travel app; unclear if our sports commentary is reliable.
But 0’s are usually a good thing in our world, which is why we’re giving 15 people the chance to enjoy a one night fancy-pants getaway for a little moral support…for $0 dollars. Think of it like a little mental pep talk, complete with breakfast in bed. Just share your favorite game day selfie of yourself wearing red with the hashtags #ZerosAreHeroes & #Contest and tag @Hotwire for a chance to win.
(But let’s be real, our legal team won’t let us offer this to just one team’s fans, so really anyone is eligible as long as you watched or hell, googled the score on your phone. Or have ever watched a football game. And are wearing red in your pic. That happens to be our color too, so we’re gonna have to be sticklers about that part. Lastly, our lawyers also won’t let us use any copyrighted terms, so just roll with the vague “big game” references, OK?)
Official Rules for the #ZerosAreHeroes Contest:
No Purchase Necessary. A Purchase Will Not Increase Your Chances Of Winning.
1. Eligibility: The Contest is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old. Employees of Hotwire, Inc. (“Sponsor”) and Expedia, Inc., as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of those employees, are not eligible to enter.
2. Entry Period: The Entry Period begins at 12:00am PT Tuesday, February 9, 2021 and ends at 11:59 pm PT Friday, February 19, 2021.
3. How to Enter:
- Create Your Entry: Select an original photo of your best “game day” selfie, shot by you or a family member that has given you express permission to enter the photograph in a contest (your “Entry”). Ensure that someone in the photo is wearing red (example: a red jersey). Please make sure your Entry does not: (i) violate anyone’s rights, including, but not limited to, copyrights or trademark rights; (ii) prominently feature any third party trademarks or logos; (iii) portray Sponsor or its services in a negative light; or (iv) contain any content that is inappropriate or indecent, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
- Submit Your Entry: Post your Entry on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter using the hashtag #ZerosAreHeroes and #Contest. Both are required for an Entry to be eligible. An Entry may only be submitted one (1) time. In order for your Entry to be recognized, your Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter account must be public and viewable by the Sponsor. Data charges may apply to entries made from a mobile device.
- By Entering: By entering, you represent and warrant that: (a) the Entry is an original work; (b) you own all rights to the Entry; and (c) your Entry does not violate any third party’s rights. By entering, you also indicate your full agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions regarding the Contest, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements in these Official Rules.
4. Sponsor’s Rights to Entries: You do not transfer ownership of your entry by entering the Contest. However, by entering, you grant Sponsor, its agents, licensees, and assigns an irrevocable, perpetual (non-exclusive) right and permission to reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, modify, create derivative works of, exhibit, and otherwise use your entry as-is or as-edited (with or without using your name) in any media throughout the world for any purpose, without limitation, and without additional review, compensation, or approval from you.
5. Selection of Winners. After the Entry Period, a panel of judges will select one (1) winner from all entries submitted during the Entry Period based on the following Judging Criteria: its expression of a game day selfie and whether the color red was worn in the photo. The odds of winning depend on the performance of each entrant, for a total of fifteen (15) winners. Potential winners who entered on Facebook will be notified via a comment on their post. Potential winners who entered on Instagram or Twitter will be notified via direct message. If you entered on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter, you must be following Sponsor’s account at the time of notice. The potential winners will be required to respond to the notice within two (2) days in order to win. If a potential winner doesn’t respond within this time, Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place according to the Judging Criteria.
6. Potential Winner Requirements: Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release. If a potential winner fails to sign and return these documents within three (3) days, Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place, if time permits. No more than three (3) alternates will be contacted.
- Prizes: Each Prize winner will receive 300 HotDollars, credit to use on Hot Rate® Hotels & Hot Rate® Cars (on Hotwire), equivalent to $300 USD.
- Additional Prize Details: Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. The value of the prize will be treated as income to a winner, and the winner will be responsible for payment and reporting of all applicable taxes.
8. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest; or (b) award the prizes according to the process set forth above from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and seek damages from any individual who tampers with the operation of the Contest, violates these Official Rules, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. The Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
9. Release and Limitations of Liability: By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Expedia, Inc., Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (g) injury or damage to persons or property. You further agree that in any cause of action, in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
11. Disputes: You agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in San Francisco, CA. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than California.
12. Winner Information: For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to 114 Sansome St, 4th floor, San Francisco, CA 94104. Requests must be received by February 26, 2021.
13. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Hotwire, Inc., 114 Sansome Street, Suite 400, San Francisco, CA 94104. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.